Friday, August 15, 2008

Melanie on NESN and first Pitch


I received an email from my friend, Melanie, today. She is very excited. WEEI and NESN are having a telethon to raise money for the Jimmy Fund. The Jimmy Fund is a charity based in Boston, Massachusetts, that supports cancer care and research at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Founded in 1948 to raise funds for patient care and the fight against children’s cancer, the Jimmy Fund now supports the search for new cancer treatments and cures for both adults and children at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Between its founding and 2006, the Jimmy Fund has raised more than $500 million.


You may remember, Melanie ran the Boston Marathon in April for her patient partner, Lexie. Lexie (and Melanie) inspired my line of Lexie's jewelry that I've be talking about so much lately.


Anyhow, the telethon is in its second day today. Her message was: Watch for me today, 4:30, NESN. Also on the mound!!!!! Hannah and Zach will be with me to throw out the "first pitch".
Watch out Paplebon,
Melanie


Hannah and Zach are her two kids. So, if you read this in time, watch (on the Boston station NESN) I'll let you know what happened if you can't see it. Just being on the field at Fenway would be so exciting. Wonder who the "catcher" will be?


B

No comments:

Post a Comment