Thursday, January 29, 2009

January thaw and new ideas


I'm not sure what the hoped for January thaw has to do with new ideas but that is what is on my mind right now.


When are we going to have the January thaw? It better hurry up as it is the 29th today!






It snowed and then rained yesterday. Only warmed up enough to rain and not snow. Now today it is below freezing and yep, everything is frozen. Roads are not too bad except for the back roads but sidewalks and driveways make it treacherous walking even to the car or anywhere else you might want to go. Needless to say, we are staying home this morning.


It is fun to remember the warm August day we flew in the Hot Air Balloon and enjoyed this view of the river and cloud reflections.


January has typically been my time to find a new skill in my jewelry designing. Some have worked out, some were just for fun. I started doing Chain Maille one January a few years ago. Last year it was Kumihimo. Both those skills have worked out well for me.


This year I purchased several books and a new kit. The books arrived yesterday and they look promising. The topic of both is Chain Maille with beads.


The kit is using glass tiles to make pendants that look like fused glass. I'm not sure yet. I've got a learning curve to conquer before I'm happy with that.

What kinds of things do you all do in January? or February?


B

2 comments:

  1. Go to work, come home, sleep, do it again tomorrow. Honestly I'm just tired all the time. Wish I had the ambition to try new things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bev I love that picture! I like to stay home, create, watch movies and take naps in Jan.:)
    Have a great day!
    Mem

    ReplyDelete