Friday, October 10, 2008

Bev's Jewelry blog


I have been reading lots of blogs lately and have come to some conclusions as to what I like and don't like.

First, it has to load up quickly. (I'm impatient and don't like to wait too long)

Second, please don't have music. While I like to listen to music, I don't want to have it play when I don't want it to. I often surf when we watch TV. Now everyone looks at me when the music starts until I can find the mute button. Then I forget to turn it back on and miss the beep of when my battery is getting low - not good!

I hope that I provide posts that people like to read. (So they will come back) While it is MY blog, I don't want to be talking to the wind, completely.

When I first started blogging, I had another provider with not many features. So, I changed to a blogspot/Google blog. I've taken advantage of some of their features and thought I'd point them out, in case you have not noticed.

The first thing is my profile (in case you don't know me) Then there is a sampling of my jewelry in a slide show. The archive follows, in case you want to see older posts.

There is the ability to add another slide show. So I added our hot air balloon pictures. I plan to change the pictures in the future. (Something new to look at)

If you would like to know when I add a new post, just subscribe with the RSS (orange button) and you will be taken to the area where you can do that.

My favorite thing however, is the listing of blogs I follow. In the blog list, I've added some of the blogs I read regularly. Check them out. You may like them too. Closet Cooking is one of my favorites. Great recipes with pictures and explanations.

So, as you read my blog post, check out the right hand column for other interesting things to look at. Good reading!
Now that I've told you what I like and don't like, let me know what you like and don't like in my blog. Thanks.

B

3 comments:

  1. I love it when you share your beading and life experiences! What I would like to see is more than just your most recent post on your home page. These will give visitors a more balanced view of what your blog is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pearl. I appreciate the comments. Getting more than one post to show at a time seems to depend on how you get to the blog. I only see one post of yours at a time too, if I log on from my reader. Going to just the xxxxxx.blogspot.com will give you all posts not just the one. I usually go up to the address line and delete all except the main URL. Then I get the whole blog not just the one post. (Not sure I made that clear)
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You are indeed showing more than one post in your main homepage. I forgot I was in my reader which only lets me see what ever the feed setting is for number of posts viewed via RSS!! Duh.

    ReplyDelete