Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Grandchildren!


I won't bore you with my little ailments this week but this morning when I woke up and was lying in bed thinking about the things I had to do today - get up (without my back hurting), go to a wake to see a friend who is coming up from Florida; listening to the latest hurricane reports and the storm we will be getting this afternoon; I heard:


"Do ta do, do ta do, thump, thump (10 steps worth) one, two, three, jump" Thud. My youngest grandchild coming down the hall and going down stairs. Now if that doesn't bring a smile to your face! When he was two years old, he started with one, two jump - two steps to jump. Now he is three and it is three steps. He is going to be four in December - I wonder...


Now that school is started, the oldest is off to second grade and the younger (stair jumper) is going to preschool for two days a week. (Today is one) Things seem a bit quieter around the house. But, for my daughter, not so much. She is off this morning to go to breakfast with some of the other mothers after they drop the little ones off at preschool. Ah, a few hours of freedom.


We all remember our next door neighbor, a mother of four, skipping down the street after she walked the fourth one to school. Now, she denies that but both my daughter and I saw her.


Enjoy these days as soon enough they are off to high school and then, almost the next day, college.


B

No comments:

Post a Comment