Thursday, September 25, 2008

New things


Our local bead store, Beadcache (http://www.beadcache.com/) is usually closed on Mondays. But this past Monday, they held a special 20% off sale for their regular customers. Plus they had some demonstrations and the owner, a lampwork bead maker, graciously made a free lampwork bead for anyone who wanted one. You could pick out the shape and colors you wanted. Because it takes time to make and anneal, we can't get them until the next day. I asked for a flat shape with blues, greens and cream. Can't wait to see what it looks like.


One of the demonstrations was making a (relatively) simple wire ring with 3 or 4 beads. I bought the mandrel and some wire to try my hand at something new. Problem is we are going on vacation and I'm not sure it will be worth it to take the "stuff" with me to make one. So, it will be on my to do list.


The second demonstration was wire wrapping a pendant without a hole. Hmmm.... another thing for the to do list. That one can wait a bit. Lower on my priority list.


I did find some things to take advantage of the 20% discount. You know some seed beads for new Kumihimo, wire and mandrel (for a ring) and some round Swarovski jet crystals for a new variation of Kumihimo (wire and crystals) I think that is the project I'll take on vacation.

(I realize that by the time you are reading this, I'm already on vacation - Nice to be able to schedule some of these posts)
B

No comments:

Post a Comment