Thursday, September 4, 2008

Half Byzantine Chain Maille



I made this necklace last year. I really love it. My friend, David Sproul took the picture when I was having trouble getting a good picture of the shiny silver rings. Another friend suggested having the focal pink bead be on the side. It just makes a different look to the whole thing and as they say "makes it".
I've been asked if the pink bead stays put. Well, the answer is, most of the time but it is not annoying such that you need to be adjusting it all the time.
This pattern is Half Byzantine plus one. Half of the byzantine pattern is attached to one larger ring and then another half byzantine and so on. It creates an open look and I feel is very attractive. It can be made with different focal beads and of course worn with the focal on the bottom if you prefer.
B

No comments:

Post a Comment