Saturday, August 27, 2011

Rusticana Bracelet

Rusticana Bracelet

  What's in a name?
 
 
I've mentioned before that I have trouble naming my pieces. Lately, some names have just been "popping" in my head,  for no specific reason, it seems.
 
I've had a run on my 3 row Leather bracelets lately (nice problem, no?) So, I've been busy making more. A couple of the variations are only one or two of a kind as I no longer have more of the beads to make them.
 
 
So, planning to make a new version,  I scouted out one of my favorite bead stores. (pflora beads) and found some great Fire Polish beads in a Dark Bronze color. To go with the Brown Greek leather and Dark Bronze beads, I chose some Smokey Topaz seed beads. (You can see the results in the picture)
 
Now, for some reason, the name "Rusticana" came into my mind for a name for the bracelet. No reason that I can think of. So, I did a Google search to see if I could place the music or something that might explain what made me think of the name. I didn't find anything  but I found a great video of  "Cavalleria Rusticana - Intermezzo".
 
I also found that some of the Cavalleria Rusticana opera music was in the various Godfather movies. Now, since I have never seen any Godfather movies that was not where the idea came from. (Just as an aside - I haven't seen ET either)
 
 
Click on the picture at the right  to listen to a You Tube Video of "Cavalleria Rusticana - Intermezzo"
 
It is very nice. Always learning something new. Sometime, I'll figure out where the idea came from. Anyhow, I do like it for the name of the bracelet.
 
 
You can see the new bracelet on my website: Rusticana Bracelet
 
Do you have any more information on the name "Rusticana"? Is it a good name for this bracelet? or any other suggestions? I'm always open to suggestions. Email me at info@ringbyringdesigns.com or bevcarlson@comcast.net
 
Until next week,
 
Bev
 

Email: info@ringbyringdesigns.com
or         bevcarlson@comcast.net
 
Also find Ring by Ring Designs on Facebook   http://facebook.com/ringbyring

No comments:

Post a Comment