Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pantone colors for Fall 2013

Pantone colors
for Fall
 
 
 
I've posted about Pantone colors before. Pantone is the "authority" for what's new in colors. Pantone Inc, a company in Carlstadt, NJ, is best known for its Pantone Matching System (PMS), a proprietary color space used in a variety of industries, primarily printing, though sometimes in the manufacture of colored paint, fabric, and plastics.
 
 
The color names always make me chuckle a bit. After Emerald comes Mykonos Blue then Linden Green. Not too bad.
 
 

 
Then comes Acai - after Oprah's "superfood" I guess. The Acai berry looks a little like a blueberry. Then colors of Samba and Koi. I understand Koi, like Koi fish but Samba. What is that about?
 
 

 
Deep Lichen Green and then Vivacious and my favorite color name: Turbulence, sort of a medium gray followed by Carafe.
 
 

 
I spent some time reading the color names and trying to picture, in my mind, what the color would be. With these names, I "got" some but some not.
 
I do enjoy reading about color pallets and combining the "new" fashion colors. You can read more about the Pantone colors for women (yes, they have colors for women and colors for men) on the Pantone site. It is interesting reading.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment