Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hot, hot, hot, hot ...

Hot, hot, hot, hot...
 
 
Have you noticed how hot it has been lately? This is the second "heat wave" we have had here in MA and the longest one so far. I, personally, have had it! The brain is frizzled.
 
I subscribe to Dr. David Weiman's Jewelry Selling Insights monthly newsletter. I received the July post this morning. David is on vacation at the Jersey Shore and made the following comment:
 
 
 
"As I write this overlooking the Atlantic Ocean during my first vacation in 6 years, I strongly urge you to take some time off this summer. Replenish. Rejuvenate.
'Sharpen the saw,' as one of Covey’s 7 Habits is titled. Read great books and avoid the news. You deserve some time off to relax and watch the world go by."
 
Then he said: "Now go make something great!"
 
I got into the take some time off etc but then when he said "Now go make something great!" I wasn't sure. That has not been on my list of desired things to do lately.
 
 
 
But after it cooled down a bit last night, I made some more spirals. I even made a longer chain working on the bracelet I'm determined to make. Ran into another hitch but not a bad one.
 
So, taking David Weiman's advice, I'm taking some time off.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment