Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Weekend Activities
 
 FUN!
 
 
This weekend was a busy one. It started with the Science with a Mission Quilt show and Craft Fair on Saturday. It was a great day! Saw many friends and made some new ones. The other vendors near by were friendly and I made some new "connections"
 
 

I now need to make a trip to Two Guys Fossils to purchase some more gemstones. ;-)
 
 
On Sunday, I went to Auntie Zaza's Fiber Works here in North Easton. Leslie Wind, expert silversmith, was there and demonstrated how to make her shawl pins and other items such as tea stirrers, hair pins and cable necklaces (A necklace that has a decorative cable needle you can't loose while knitting).
 
 
 
 
Leslie took one person at a time and made or helped them make a piece chosen from the many examples she had there. Here is the one she made for me as I watched and asked questions.
 
 
 
 
 
It can be used as a book mark or as a scarf "pin" as shown here. It is made from copper wire, shaped, hammered then polished if you like the shiny look.
 
 
 
 
This is polished but doesn't show in the picture. I'm sure I will find other uses too. You can see more on Leslie's website.
 
 
 
A busy but fun weekend. Now to get back to the regular routine.
 
 
Until next time,
 
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment