Thursday, March 21, 2013

Wire wrapping and Kumihimo

Wire wrapping and Kumihimo
 
 Combining Techniques 
 
 
 
 
Last week I showed you some new gemstone pendants, including this one. A picture Jasper stone that I wire wrapped. However, the usual silver necklace I add to those pieces wouldn't work. I suggested leather as a possibility.
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                Several of you agreed. But, the colors/size of leather available just didn't work. I did find some chain that would work. But then, I got to thinking about fiber Kumihimo.
 
 
Then a nice thing happened, I found I already had some on hand to use in a new piece. I've made several Fiber Kumihimo necklaces in the past and had some fiber left over. So, I pulled out the left overs - eliminated the blues and greens and had a nice pile to choose from. You need eight different cords and I found eight different strands that were nice.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then I loaded up my Kumihimo disk and started weaving away.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is what I have finished so far.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I slid the pendant on and here is what it will look like. What do you think?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The chain will not go to waste because I have another stone to wrap. That way customers can have a choice. I really haven't made up my mind which one I like best yet. Opinions?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For those of you who live here in MA I'll be showing my wares on Saturday, March 23 from 9 AM - 3 PM at the annual Quilt Show for the benefit of Science with a Mission.   Come see over 100 quilts (all different from those you may have seen before) have a nice lunch, and browse over 18 different vendors that will be there.
 
The event will be held at
Covenant Congregational Church
204 Center Street
North Easton, Massachusetts
from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM
 
 
You can see most of the new pendants on my website as well as read more about the individual stones. Pendant, Various
 
 
As usual, I like to know what you think about what I show to you. Click on the link below rather than using the reply button. That way it comes directly to my email address which works better for me than the one associated with this email. Thanks.
 
 
.
 
Until next time,
 
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment