Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Matching you jewelry

Matching your Jewelry

with your wardrobe  

 
 
 
When it comes to color for fashion or the home, the company Pantone has a great deal of influence.
 
From their website:
 
"Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated,
is the world-renowned authority on color. For more than 45 years, Pantone has been inspiring design professionals with products, services and leading technology for the colorful exploration and expression of creativity."
 
Checking out their website and their listing of fashion trends for Fall 2011 you can decide if you agree or disagree with their choices.
 
Whether you agree or disagree it does give you some information about the colors you will see in fashion this fall.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They came up with something new this year. Colors for women and colors for men. Several of the colors are the same but the pinks and blues differed somewhat for each gender. The color phlox (shown above) appears on both pallets. It happens to be one of my favorite colors so I was glad to see it on the list.
 
But another color on both lists was deep teal.  I like this color too.
 
Well, what does all this have to do with jewelry?
 
Do you like colors in your jewelry? Or are you a plain silver or gold jewelry wearer?  I've decided that is like only having a black purse for winter and then white purse for summer or only black and white shoes.
 
Personally, I'm a silver person. Plain silver. (Oh, yes I have a black purse)  However, since I've been designing jewelry, I'm a little more experimental.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is an example of mixing it up. One of those that should go with everything. Oh, back to the black and white safe theme.
 
Actually, there is some meaning to the choice of colors here. They are "Chakra" colors. Very important in Yoga.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is one of my favorite bracelets. (Unfortunately, it is only one of a kind and sold)
 
In looking at the colors in the Pantone list, it really doesn't match any. Closest to the "Dark Teal" but not close enough to work.  Which is probably why I go with plain silver.  ;-)
 
 
 
 
So, what do you think of the Pantone fashion trends for fall 2011? I'd really like your input.
 
Which brings me to a question for all of you. Are there any colors you would like to see in my new designs? I plan on going to a bead show this Friday and can look for anything you might have in mind.
 
Look at the Pantone website to see what will be popular this fall. Do they fit into your favorite colors?
 
Send me an email if you see anything you would like.
 
Until next week,
 
Bev
 
 
Email: info@ringbyringdesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment