Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Emerald Isle Bracelet

I've been wanting to include some crystals with Chain Maille patterns. There are several books out there (I have them) and I'm always looking for new patterns.

I found this one with a v e r y long name. "Staggered Corduroy with Japanese overlay and crystals." Whew! It is really a combination of two patterns.
The name "Emerald Isle" is an attempt to shorten the name. Plus it does look like an Emerald Isle. Of course the bracelet can be made with many different colors and then, I guess, I'll have to come up with new names.


Here is the bracelet half way through adding on the Japanese overlay part. The pattern isn't very hard but the orientation of the rings seemed to be very important to get it right. Took me awhile to "get it".


The tutorial I used was from an old Bead and Button magazine. (Never throw those out) Actually I downloaded it from their web site (for a small fee). It is handy to have that ability. They gave an editor's suggestion of adding smaller beads on each side of the larger crystals. They show up when you look at the back of the bracelet. My bracelets never stay put so that is a good idea.


So, what other colors would you like to see in the bracelet? I've had one request for sapphire so far.


B

www.bevsjewelry.com and www.bevsjewelry.1000markets.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bev. I like this bracelet pattern with the crystal beads. It has a really "full" look to it. May be nice to have clear beads so that it goes with everthing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, super pattern! How about all colors for a rainbow effect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gayle. Pearl, I like a rainbow effect. Could be warm and cool colors too.

    ReplyDelete