Tuesday, July 21, 2009

PMC Heart Necklace


Last Saturday two of my beading buddies and I went to Not Simply Beads in Plymouth, MA to take a class in PMC (Precious Metal Clay) The owner and instructor, Nichole, was fantastic. She in a master silversmith and received her fine arts degree from Rochester Institute of Technology. (That is my hometown)

We were all impressed with Nichole's teaching skills. She is both knowledgeable and able to pass her knowledge on to others. One of the things I like in a teacher (especially for adults) is the ability to help you over and around the common pitfalls and not be dictatorial in doing so.

Anyhow, we started our class by making some charms, learned how to add some CZ crystals and also bails. Pretty full class.

My favorite piece that I made is a heart with texture. I made it into a quick pendant necklace almost as soon as I got home. I put it on an 18 inch sterling silver ready made necklace. See above.

I plan on making a quick Chain Maille bracelet and putting the other little charms on it. Hopefully, I'll be able to show that tomorrow.

We were all talking on the way home about the new ideas going around in our heads. Great fun learning something new, especially with good friends.

B


www.bevsjewelry.com and www.bevsjewelry.1000markets.com

3 comments:

  1. I had forgotten about that stuff! I wanted to try it but I don't have a kiln. What fun! And a pretty heart too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try PMC but I have no kiln too. Will have to investigate other ways of burning off the matrix.

    ReplyDelete