Thursday, May 9, 2013

New Purchases

New Purchases
from the Innovative Bead Show
 
Every May, my friend and I drive up to Marlboro, MA and spend several hours at the Innovative Bead show. I was able to find some new cabochons at this show .
 
I also recently purchased a DVD so I could learn some new types of wire wrapping. Naturally, that is why I purchased the new cabs.
 
 
 
I was able to practice Monday morning. Here is my first try.
 
The colors are dark so I know it is hard to see the wire.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then I noticed the angles were all wrong. Well, at least not as good as they might be and I tried again. Also, made the coils bigger.
 
I like this one better.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As I look at the results, even the better one, I'm wondering if I should try it again using silver? I just might give it a go to see what happens. What do you think?
 
 
 
 
Of course, this was not the only cab I purchased. You can see I found some others. These will take me awhile to finish.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I just had to purchase that owl though. Not sure what will happen to him. Suggestions?
 
 
 
 
Then I found some that were almost finished, hearts to boot. Couldn't leave them there.
 
But I did leave some there.  ;-)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Let me know what you think of my new purchases.
 
.
 
Until next time,
 
Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment