Thursday, June 28, 2012

New Items

New Items
Firecracker plus
 
 
 
I made this at the request of a friend who saw some of my other Magatama Kumihimo bracelets. This is sold but I can make a similar one. It is almost impossible to make pieces exactly alike in this pattern. So many different variables. The way the colors are arranged on the disk, the clasp etc.
 
 
 
 
 
The colors would not have been MY first choice but after seeing the finished bracelet, I really like them. My supplier has over 72 different colors to choose from (I know that should be 'from which to choose') If you use about four different colors per bracelet that is a lot of choices!
 
She provided the clasp and there is another choice to make.
 
 
 
 
Here is a close up of the beads.
 
Contact me if you are interested in having your very own Firecracker type bracelet.
 
(Since it is sold, it is not on the website but others are) Click  here for More info
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My other new bracelet, Polka Dot, is of interest because of the new kind of clasp, rather than the design though the design is interesting, too. Clasps are always hard to put on yourself and that is what makes magnetic clasps so desirable. But they also have some draw backs.
 
 
 
 
That always reminds me of the first magnetic clasp bracelet I made along time ago. It wasn't very strong and led to the following story:
 
"I've lost my new bracelet, please, let me know if you find it." I knew it was in the house but not where.
Shortly, my husband walked into the room with the lost bracelet. "Where did you find it?"
"In the freezer" The freezer had more attraction than I did, I guess.
 
Consequently, I have not made any more magnetic clasp bracelets since. Until now.
 
 
 
 
This clasp is magnetic and includes the end caps BUT in addition has a locking feature such that with just a small turn, the clasp is securely locked in place. Just untwist and pull to open. How is that for coolness in a clasp?
 
 
 
 
The combination of end caps and clasp is a great cost saver both for me and for you as a customer.
 
 
I call this one "Polka Dot" and it is on the website with more  more pictures. Click on the pictures or here for more information.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment